[Pharo-project] Fwd: [Vm-dev] Re: out of memory - cog on windows

Andres Valloud avalloud at smalltalk.comcastbiz.net
Sun Apr 24 02:41:57 CEST 2011

Interesting bit from the docs here:

"Addresses near the 2-GB boundary are typically used by various system
DLLs. Therefore, a 32-bit process cannot allocate more than 2 GB of
contiguous memory, even if the entire 4-GB address space is available."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb613473%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

Maybe more fundamental changes are needed, such as the ability to change
the image's memory footprint dynamically.