[Pharo-project] What is a well documented class?

Michael Forster mike at sharedlogic.ca
Sun Apr 24 15:27:01 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<alexandre.bergel at me.com> wrote:

[...]
>  - each public method belongs to a method category named public*
>  - each private method belongs to a method category named private*

Others here may disagree -- and the dreary of legislating and
enforcing conventions aside -- but I strive (usually with success) to
move all privately-used methods to one or more delegates.  One class's
private method is just another's public???

>  - other methods are considered as "package visible", meaning that they belong to a category that does not begins with 'private' or 'public'

Again, I sympathise with facing the visibility problem, but I don't
trust that conventions will be upheld by either end, so I tire of
following them.  Replace Pharo/Squeak categories with Newspeak
modules; replace Pharo/Squeak protocols with traits (stateless,
please); I'll be the first in line.

My 0.25 :-)

Mike