[Pharo-project] Welcome Workspace why not opened?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:23:15 CEST 2011

Hi. DEVImageWorkspaces class >> openWelcomeWorkspace
now looks like this:

SystemVersion current minor = 3 ifTrue: [^self]. "Workspace API chagend. To
be Fixed"
    self
        newWorkspaceWithContents: self welcomeWorkspaceText
        title: 'Welcome to Pharo'
        position: 50 at 120
        extent: 800 @ 500

so...of course in Pharo 1.3 it is just answring self. But in fact, the
second part, that is, self
        newWorkspaceWithContents: self welcomeWorkspaceText
        title: 'Welcome to Pharo'
        position: 50 at 120
        extent: 800 @ 500

is working correclty. So I don't understand the comment "Workspace API
chagend. To be Fixed".  What has changed if in fact the other lines work ok
?
and even more, why we have that if: instead of a self deprecated:  ?

So...what should I do ? revert it to

openWelcomeWorkspace
    self
        newWorkspaceWithContents: self welcomeWorkspaceText
        title: 'Welcome to Pharo'
        position: 50 at 120
        extent: 800 @ 500

or change something in th workspace API ?

Thanks

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com