[Pharo-project] Reproducible Cog crash but no info to get an idea...

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 01:35:01 CEST 2011

Hi. We are having a crash in Fuel, which doesn't crash with the standard VM.
To reproduce, take a Pharo 1.2 image and load the attached mcz.
You will see that method: #materializeKeysAndValuesTo:with:size:
has a "self halt" inside.

If you ran the test FLCreateClassSerializationTest >> testCreateWithMethod
it will crash. If you remove the "self halt" from
#materializeKeysAndValuesTo:with:size:    it works...

I debuged it with GDB and I don't know why, I can ONLY see the last two
instrunctions, which is a longAt: -8
I attach screenshot. A bt or a call printAllStacks()  doesn't show me
anything.

If I run from a console, the only thing I get is a:
Segmentation fault
Smalltalk stack dump:
Bus error

I have no idea what can be happening.  Thanks for any clue...

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com