[Pharo-project] removing versions from configurations

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:37:29 CEST 2011

Hi Stef,

On 25 Apr 2011, at 18:50, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Indeed but loading default could have destroyed your image.
> So RPackage should not be managed with default.

I do not understand. The continuous integration server is there to check these issues.

The correspondent would be to load now the current baseline. If that breaks, it breaks and people look at it.

Moose is now developed on multiple fronts and serves multiple interests that are not necessarily synchronized. So, we want to depend on latest things because this ensures communication and puts more pressure on synchronizing issues. This is why we want to play with the latest Pharo (hopefully, we will the development to it next week).

Every time we depend on something fixed, we introduce the difficulty of migrating to the next version.

> Now for stable I'm not sure that I set it up well so watch out.

The tests say that for the use of Moose, RPackage works Ok.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com