[Pharo-project] What is a well documented class?

DougEdmunds dougedmunds at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:09:01 CEST 2011

2cents about "what is a well-documented class?":

Information about the state variables (instance variables): what goes in the
slot, and what it's for.

Good examples (the layout gets skewed doing copy/paste)

in RxsPredicate

Instance Variables:

	predicate	<BlockClosure>	A one-argument block. If it evaluates to the value
defined by
<negated> when it is passed a character, the predicate is considered to
match.

	negation	<BlockClosure>	A one-argument block that is a negation of
<predicate>.

SMxMorph

Structure:
instance var 	Type 			Description
bounds 		Rectangle 		A Rectangle indicating my position and a size that will
enclose 									me.

owner 		SMxMorph		 	My parent SMxMorph, or nil for the top-level SMxMorph,
which is a
 				or nil			world, typically a SMxPasteUpMorph.

submorphs 		Array 			My child Morphs.

fullBounds 		Rectangle 		A Rectangle minimally enclosing me and my
submorphs.

color 			Color 			My primary color. Subclasses can use this in different
ways.

extension 		SMxMorphExtension Allows extra properties to be stored without
adding a
				or nil  				storage burden to all morphs.