[Pharo-project] a problem with Zinc on Pharo 1.1.1

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Tue Apr 26 19:10:01 CEST 2011

Esteban,

On 26 Apr 2011, at 18:20, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to execute this:
>
> ZnClient
> 	get: 'http://127.0.0.1:333/analytics/feeds/data'
> 	username: 'estebanlm at gmail.com'
> 	password: 'shhhh'
>
> ... on a Pharo 1.1.1 image, with latest #stable Zinc version, and I'm getting DNU on: #mimeEncode:multiLine:
>
> ZnUtils class>encodeBase64: string
> 	^ (Base64MimeConverter mimeEncode: string readStream multiLine: false) contents
>
> is a bug, or something I have wrong?
>
> cheers,
> Esteban

This should get you past that problem:

---
Name: Zinc-HTTP-SvenVanCaekenberghe.145
Author: SvenVanCaekenberghe
Time: 26 April 2011, 7:01:32 pm
UUID: f9f0831d-5ffa-4a5c-a8ec-b276c9babc35
Ancestors: Zinc-HTTP-SvenVanCaekenberghe.144

fixed ZnUtils class>>#encodeBase64: to test whether Base64MimeConverter responds to #mimeEncode:multiLine:, fall back to #mimeEncode: and manually remove Character cr occurences; this should fix Pharo 1.1.1 compatibility (Thanks Esteban Lorenzano for reporting this)
---

However, full Pharo 1.1.1 compatibility is not yet up to where it was ;-)
I will try to make all tests green again later on, but it will take some time.

Regards,

Sven