[Pharo-project] a problem with Zinc on Pharo 1.1.1

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Tue Apr 26 21:31:06 CEST 2011

On 26 Apr 2011, at 20:39, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Second, I've seen that problem too. I am sure that when loading a new version of a certain package, some class side #initialize are not called. When? which ones? I have no idea.
>
> I couldn't reproduce it. Can you?

I can't figure it out either, but I haven't really looked deeply into it.

As far as I can tell it just doesn't work: I guess #initialize is only called when the class is new or maybe when its definition is changed, maybe when the #initialize method changes, but certainly not all the time when you load new(er) versions of methods of that class. Maybe that is too much to expect, I don't know, it would be handy.

So when your #initialize calls say #initializeConstants and only that method is changed, you have a problem.

Maybe somebody else knows ?

Sven