[Pharo-project] [ANN] PharoDev-1.3-13173

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:21:53 CEST 2011

Hi. IMPORTANT: This is not the final 1.3 release, it just one simple
snapshot and one point. We all want a rock-solid Pharo 1.3 release, but that
doesn't happens automagically. We all need to start using and testing the
image before they are release. It is for the better of all of us. The more
we test the more stable will be the release. So...we need your help. What
you can do?

1) test test test test test. Use it. Take this image and use it for your
regular work.
2) report bugs: http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking
3) propose fixes: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
4) Fix errors/failures tests
5) Load your OWN packages and projects now. Don't wait until Pharo1.3 is
released and then ask "uuhh what happened to XXX? you removed? ohhh but I
use it".
6) Do you maintain Metacello configurations?  ok, if you test your project
and works correctly in Pharo 1.3, please update (or create if you don't yet
have it) the #stable,
7) Do you maintain packages included in Pharo?  please check we are using
the correct versions
8) I would like to see people testing AidaWeb, Magma, Fuel, Moose, DBXTalk,
Seaside and all its friends, Zinc, FileSystem, etc, etc, etc.

Pharo-1.3-13173  should work with Interpreter VM and with Cog. For Cog I
recommend to download the last one from Eliot's page:
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/

Two little warnings:
- The Transcript is read only....and it will probably be roll backed to the
previous one
- if text editing looks weird....it is Lukas's fault ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTMX1f8Lu5w

Ok, the image is here:
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28517/Pharo-1.3-13173.zip<https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28517/Pharo-1.3-13173.zip>

And it was build by Hudson: