[Pharo-project] squeaksource is down - a different perspective

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Wed Apr 27 12:38:12 CEST 2011

>squeaksource.com is down a lot. People get frustrated at times.

Yes, and unfortunately it looks like people love to be frustrated.

Otherwise people would give Tobias more feedback on SqueakSource3 (see [1]) which IMHO could overtake the job in the future and replace the
problematic image? Or is the outage a traffic problem and may
happen with SS3 too?

Is the (daily?) restart the only option we have or is a migration
to a newer SS version possible?

And yes - SmalltalkHub is on the way, but we still dont know
how well it fits our needs/works/scales. Yes, this sounds negative but
I think it can replace Squeaksource only in a long term...

Bye
T.

[1] http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2011-April/047780.html