[Pharo-project] [ANN] PharoDev-1.3-13173

Philippe Marschall kustos at gmx.net
Wed Apr 27 18:27:02 CEST 2011

On 27.04.2011 10:21, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> Hi. IMPORTANT: This is not the final 1.3 release, it just one simple
> snapshot and one point. We all want a rock-solid Pharo 1.3 release, but
> that doesn't happens automagically. We all need to start using and
> testing the image before they are release. It is for the better of all
> of us. The more we test the more stable will be the release. So...we
> need your help. What you can do?
>
> 1) test test test test test. Use it. Take this image and use it for your
> regular work.
> 2) report bugs: http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking
> 3) propose fixes: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
> 4) Fix errors/failures tests
> 5) Load your OWN packages and projects now. Don't wait until Pharo1.3 is
> released and then ask "uuhh what happened to XXX? you removed? ohhh but
> I use it".
> 6) Do you maintain Metacello configurations?  ok, if you test your
> project and works correctly in Pharo 1.3, please update (or create if
> you don't yet have it) the #stable,
> 7) Do you maintain packages included in Pharo?  please check we are
> using the correct versions
> 8) I would like to see people testing AidaWeb, Magma, Fuel, Moose,
> DBXTalk, Seaside and all its friends, Zinc, FileSystem, etc, etc, etc.
>
> Pharo-1.3-13173  should work with Interpreter VM and with Cog. For Cog I
> recommend to download the last one from Eliot's page:
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/
>
> Two little warnings:
> - The Transcript is read only....and it will probably be roll backed to
> the previous one
> - if text editing looks weird....it is Lukas's fault ;)
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTMX1f8Lu5w
>
> Ok, the image is here:
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28517/Pharo-1.3-13173.zip
> <https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28517/Pharo-1.3-13173.zip>
>
> And it was build by Hudson:
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo/job/Pharo%201.3/111/

I did a short test with the latest Seaside against Core. Everything
seems to be working so far.

general impressions:
- some way to clear the Transcript would be nice (other than Transcript
clear) eg. a Button
- some way to select stuff in the transcript would be nice
- what happened to the backport button in Monticello?

I found two undeclareds:
- ZnServer class >> #initialize references AutoStart
- OBDefinition >> #doItReceiver references FakeClassPool

-> some small migration guide would be nice, maybe even a Lint rule that
checks for removed globals ;-)

Cheers
Philippe