[Pharo-project] GitFs / MCGit

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:14:27 CEST 2011

Concerning 2:
No, it doesn't make sense at all to return nil. The reason that no exception is signalled is simply that that case should never be possible (not really an argument, I know :D). The method #packedObjectWithSignature is only sent if no loose object could be found. Then the packs are scanned and if the object isn't found in the packs the method returns nil.

I think an exception would make a lot of sense but I didn't implement an exception handling mechanism for FSGit so a user will get slapped in the face with a debugger. Better though than having to track down that nil bug...