[Pharo-project] GitFs / MCGit

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Wed Apr 27 22:37:07 CEST 2011

Hi Camillo:

On 27 Apr 2011, at 22:09, Camillo Bruni wrote:

> Lukas once implemented a small MC Repository type that simple stores the source.st in a git repository. Due to changes in the recent pharo versions some of the git code didn't work anymore. So that's fixed now and you can use git for storing monticello versions.
>
> The following uses a local git repos as a monticello repository:
>
> 	MCGitRepository directory: 'test_git'
What are the dependencies for that? Would it be likely that it works with a Squeak 3.8/3.9ish image?

> Of course it is not fully useful since it uses a single file to store everything, rendering normal git tools unusable. Hence I will experiment tomorrow a bit on how to split up methods and classes into something more representable. I guess the trickiest part will be to tell git how methods and classes changed when they are renamed, but even that should not be such a problem..
If you can handle EPL licensed code, I could make our Transporter scripts available.
It is a bit more than just a file out that uses one file per class, and a folder per package.
Beyond that, we also have some support for ordering, since often we have dependencies that need to be load first, etc, as well as pre/post scripts.

Unfortunately, it is EPL licensed and not MIT. So, let me know whether that would be useful/acceptable for you.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr