[Pharo-project] [ANN] PharoDev-1.3-13173

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:39:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Serge Stinckwich <
serge.stinckwich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi. IMPORTANT: This is not the final 1.3 release, it just one simple
> > snapshot and one point. We all want a rock-solid Pharo 1.3 release, but
> that
> > doesn't happens automagically. We all need to start using and testing the
> > image before they are release. It is for the better of all of us. The
> more
> > we test the more stable will be the release. So...we need your help. What
> > you can do?
> >
> > 1) test test test test test. Use it. Take this image and use it for your
> > regular work.
> > 2) report bugs: http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking
> > 3) propose fixes: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/HowToContribute
> > 4) Fix errors/failures tests
> > 5) Load your OWN packages and projects now. Don't wait until Pharo1.3 is
> > released and then ask "uuhh what happened to XXX? you removed? ohhh but I
> > use it".
> > 6) Do you maintain Metacello configurations?  ok, if you test your
> project
> > and works correctly in Pharo 1.3, please update (or create if you don't
> yet
> > have it) the #stable,
> > 7) Do you maintain packages included in Pharo?  please check we are using
> > the correct versions
> > 8) I would like to see people testing AidaWeb, Magma, Fuel, Moose,
> DBXTalk,
> > Seaside and all its friends, Zinc, FileSystem, etc, etc, etc.
> >
> > Pharo-1.3-13173  should work with Interpreter VM and with Cog. For Cog I
> > recommend to download the last one from Eliot's page:
> > http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/
>
> I try with VM Squeak 4.2.5beta1U on mac os x 10.6.7 but the image is
> not launch at all.
> No problem to launch the image with last cog VM.

grrrr sorry my bad. I opeed the image (with cog) to re-save it with another
name.
If you take the one from hudson (same image) it should work:

https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Pharo/job/Pharo%201.3/111/

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com