[Pharo-project] how to deal with string position in relation to cr/crlf

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:47:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a small problem related to file line endings and storing the token information of PetitParser.

Sometimes, we parse the sources on Windows and then manipulate the model on Linux or Mac. In this context, if I store the token positions in a string, I encounter problems because CR and LF are considered characters, but the line endings can vary.

('abc', Character cr asString , 'd') findString: 'd'.
==> 5

('abc', Character cr asString , Character lf asString, 'd') findString: 'd'.
==> 6

How would you approach this problem?

Cheers,
Doru