[Pharo-project] Preallocation behavior

Henrik Sperre Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Thu Apr 28 13:52:18 CEST 2011

On 28.04.2011 12:35, Toon Verwaest wrote:
> On 04/28/2011 12:34 PM, Henrik Sperre Johansen wrote:
>> On 28.04.2011 11:27, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>> may be you could add a bug entry on the cog tracker
>>>
>>> stef
>> It's not a bug, it's a feature.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Henry
>>
> That it only works on non-readwrite streams?

No, that it's not implemented at all in Cog. (which is what I assume
Steph was talking about since he mentioned the cog tracker)

The "only works on non-readwrite streams"-bug in "standard" vm's was
fixed in VMMaker-dtl.153 as mentioned in the thread I linked, so the
definition of "newish" would be any VM built with sources newer than that.

Cheers,
Henry