[Pharo-project] Counting Messages as a Proxy for Average Execution Time in Pharo

Alexandre Bergel alexandre.bergel at me.com
Thu Apr 28 16:03:38 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

There is a long discussion in the paper about exactly what you are mentioning here.
The assumptions are made for the current version of Pharo: with its naive VM, not state-of-the-Art JIT, naive compiler, simple GC and so on.

I agree with you that the result I found may not be valid in Java or .Net. However they are for the current Pharo. And apparently, this is not likely to change anything soon.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu