[Pharo-project] for Rpackage status, questions, path

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Fri Apr 29 10:06:13 CEST 2011

Hi guys

here is the status:
- I have all tests green but but but

- I have plenty of code to review about the integration with MC and understand since cyrille's goal was to
make sure that RPackage can be used in place of PackageInfo and using the same subpackage semantics.

Now having that put a lot of ugly code in RPackage and we have to do really strange things to make it work.
If you want to have a look you can load the latest configurationOfRPackage and load version 30 and check a bit
Gofer new
	squeaksource:  'PharoTaskForces';
	package: 'ConfigurationOfRPackage';
	load.

ConfigurationOfRPackage project  load: '3.0'

run the tests
look for

	self flag: #stef
	self flag: #cyrille

- I would like to review all this code and see if we can improve it to the point where this is ok to keep it
or just do what we decided: one category = one package: no submatching.

Now I have also a problem and metacello can help me.
RB is one of the heavy/sometimes even single user of some packageInfo API and I would like to
migrate RB alltogether with RPackage. So mariano may be I could work on a configurationOfRB for me.
What do you think:
	I could load OB version for 1.3
	RB version (we mark a stable version for 1.3)
	and I work with another one for 11.4 for example?
Mariano could you give me hand on that?