[Pharo-project] UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #findNextHandlerContextStarting

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 23:22:53 CEST 2011

> > So I added the DebuggerMethodMap intialize (reset the cache) to Smalltalk
> cleanUp.
> >

> > Thanks Marcus. I don't see this commit. Did you commit it?  or we lost it
> with the squeaksource down ?
> >
> This was part of the cleanUp improvements... some time ago.
>
> see DebuggerMethodMap>>#cleanUp

ok...after looking for a while, it is never called when you do
Smalltalk cleanUp: true except: #() confirming: false.

I think it is because such method does:

"Find all classes implementing #cleanUp or cleanUp:"
    classes := Smalltalk allClasses select: [:aClass|
        (aClass class includesSelector: #cleanUp)
            or: [aClass class includesSelector: #cleanUp:]].

it checks for both messages, #cleanUp: or #cleanUp

But then, it does:

"Run the cleanup code"
    classes
        do:[:aClass| aClass cleanUp: aggressive]
        displayingProgress: [:aClass| 'Cleaning up in ', aClass name].

In your case, DebuggerMethodMap only implements #cleanUp, hence it is never
called.

Cheers

--
Mariano