[Pharo-project] FSGit for new Filesystem implementation

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 20:12:25 CEST 2011

Hello everyone.

I'm happy to announce that Camillo (with a little help from me) has adapted FSGit to run with the new Filesystem implementation (version 2.0.1). All tests are green. Nonetheless, please be careful when using it. There's also support for Monticello, although I haven't used that myself. AFAIK Camillo uses that part to store his Monticello versions in a git repository on his disk (correct me if I'm wrong).

One new thing is that I wrote thorough tests for the handling of packs (thanks to Simon Denier for reporting the bug). Note that FSGit *cannot* write pack files and I have decided to not implement write support in the future (if someone else wants to however, I'm fine with that :) ).

I'd like to thank all the people who have snuck looks at FSGit and pointed out important stuff. There's still a lot that can be improved but I feel that FSGit is on a good way.

You can load FSGit through ConfigurationOfFSGit which you will find in the FSGit SqueakSource repository. This will also load Filesystem into the image.

As usual, if you have suggestions or find a bug, hit me up directly or send an email to the list.

Here's to the coolest Smalltalk environment available! :D
Max