[Pharo-project] how to use dejavu bitmap fonts

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Tue Feb 1 07:07:44 CET 2011

> Hi Doru,
> I've take a look and I think I've fixed it.
> Unfortunately the network is much too slow here for this BIG package.
> You can simply fix it by yourself locally (before it is uploaded on squeaksource).
> Just edit DejaVuHolder class >> #installSizes:
> and set it to:
>
> installSizes: aListOfInteger
>    "self installSizes: #(7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 24)"
>    TextConstants TextSharedInformation
>        at: self fontName
>        put: (TextStyle fontArray: (self loadFromStructuresList:  (self fontStructureNamesForSizes: aListOfInteger))).
>    StrikeFont useUnderscoreIfOver1bpp.

Yes this should be it.

Doru TextConstants was a dictionary containing poolVariables (old abstractions) AND values that people just added
as global dictionary. What we did was to define the fixed part of TextConstant = the poolVariables as a real SharedPool and the rest
the shitty part (where all the system register things in this nice global variables (instead of using adequate class variables)) is now in
the classVariable TextSharedInformation of TextConstants