[Pharo-project] Tracing bugs/corrections/regressions ... in Pharo

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Tue Feb 1 09:09:00 CET 2011

On Feb 1, 2011, at 08:57 , Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> I understand that logging diffs of the entire squeaksource repository
> is a no go, but there must be another way.
> You have automated tests which is a real progress, so I don't see why
> simple diffs would be so high a technical problem.

I (and likely most others) would love to see diffs. So the question really is a technical one.

Could we do diffs locally in the integrator image when he commits a new update to the Pharo repository? MC implements that and we are using it here at Cmsbox. You get a diff mail for each committed package. The diff and mail is created in your local machine. Has that been considered before?

Cheers,
Adrian