[Pharo-project] Tracing bugs/corrections/regressions ... in Pharo

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Tue Feb 1 13:46:16 CET 2011

On Feb 1, 2011, at 8:58 37AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> 2011/2/1 Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr>:

>>> This is probably because you must
>>>    (Object recompile: #perform:withArguments:)
>>>

>> The 1.3 core image was recompiled completely around 13020...
>>
>>        Marcus
>>

>> --
>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.
>>

> Strange, the change worked for me in Squeak once I recompiled.
>
> Nicolas

#perform:withArguments: works in Pharo as well, Igor's fix for it was applied back in May:

What it doesn't fix (and which the test in 3468 highlights), are arbitrary sends to
#perform: withArguments: inSuperclass:	(Ie. the compiler does not expand frame size of all senders, nor does the test run on a VM which does not error with many arguments)

#perform:withArguments: just happend to be the most likely sender to run into it.

Cheers,
Henry