[Pharo-project] Issue 3482 in pharo: InterimSoundMorph references to SketchMorph

pharo at googlecode.com pharo at googlecode.com
Tue Feb 1 20:26:13 CET 2011

Comment #13 on issue 3482 by ryd... at gmail.com: InterimSoundMorph references
to SketchMorph

In other words, I agree it's not ideal for Sound services to rely on
System-Applications.
The package seems more like it's put together more on the principle
of  "Ah! These are registry subclasses!!" rather than  "I provide a
pluggable  way to do X  Oh, and btw, I happen to be using the registry
mechanism to achieve that" :)
The second approach would, I think, lead you to put it in the same package
as the other classes needed to do X.

I do not think it's a good change in functionality/responsibility to have a
sound on/off setting per service though, that should remain a global
setting.

Moving Beeper and SoundService to System-Sound would satisfy both.