[Pharo-project] About *your* time and contributions

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Wed Feb 2 22:04:15 CET 2011

Hi guys

from the outside you can think that we have plenty of time or spending a lot of time in pharo,
in fact we are just mad guys running like mad (only igor have time - but he cannot sleep the night
because he wants to hack a lot of great stuff like openvg, nativeboost,....),
we are fighting to grab time and improve the system.

Seriously what is important is that ****EVERYBODY**** is important, each single person using pharo
is important: there is no causal user, you are all important and you also can all get an IMPACT.
Imagine that you all spend 10 min writing a class or method comment on the method you use frequently
in your favorite package (SOUP, XML... pick one) every two days (ie less than the time reading this mail.
Then suddenly the ratio of comment will increase!

So what I want to say is that there is no little contribution. They all have their value and we love them.
Sometimes it will take us more time to integrate that you doing them but it does not matter (we should fix
the process), so consider that you have a value for us and for the system we are building together.