[Pharo-project] [ANN]Keymappings Settings Integration

Alain Plantec alain.plantec at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 10:27:41 CET 2011

Hi Guillermo,
really cool, thanks.
I have few remarks bit here is the more important one for now (I'm very
busy, i will give you more feedbacks later)

The problem of your implementation is that the declaration of kmappings
are all centralized in KMToolsDefaultSettings
and that you introduce a dependency between tools and keymappings.
Imagine i've my tool and I want to declare a key mapping for it, then I
have to change  KMToolsDefaultSetting class.
If my package for my tool is removed, then, again KMToolsDefaultSetting
must be changed.
I think the key mappings should be declared by tool packages
independently as it is for settings
without any dependency with the Keymapping package.

I would integrate more the declaration with the system settings

I give only a possible declaration here:
--------------
ToolSetKeyMapping class>>keyMappingsOn: aBuilder
<systemsettings>
     with: [
         (aBuilder shortcut: #openClassBrowser)
             target: ToolSet;
             default: 'alt t, alt b';
         (aBuilder shortcut: #openMonticelloBrowser)
             target: ToolSet;
             default: 'alt t, alt m';
Then, SettingTreeBuilder could be improved in order to take into account
the #shortcut: message.
For the rest, I can help you /do with your help if you need :)

Thanks again.
Alain