[Pharo-project] documentation for "blessed" pharo repositories?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:54:27 CET 2011

On 3 February 2011 14:02, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> There is new repositories for pre-existing packages like PharoOB, Filesystem, PharoSound.
> As in the future this repositories can grow, and people like me can be confused... I wonder if we can add a page somewhere with this information?

I think best would be to put it close to code.
I mean In some class comment:
 - my official location is _here_ use it , or get out of my sight :)

And of course we having metacello configs.

I think for builds, we could create something which generating the
configurations
by extracting the official locations from some package class..

So, by implementing tools which can do:
MyPackageInfo officialLocation
MyPackageInfo createMetacelloConfiguration: ConfigurationOfMyPackage

we can avoid manual steps, which lead to mistakes.

What i tried to do is to directly extract package information form
current image and compose a script
which loads exactly same package you are using in your image.
So, then such script could be used to reproduce your configuration.

Actually i wonder, if this feature could be added to Metacello..

So you could tell something like:

ConfigurationOfMyPackage createSnapshotForNewVersion

so, it will capture the state of packages in current image and generate
new #versionXYZ:
at instance side, which reflects it.

--
Best regards,