[Pharo-project] Hudson build for Seaside too?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Thu Feb 3 18:22:57 CET 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> OK - we have the hudson build for Pharo Core, Pharo, Moose, ...
>
> Since Pharo is the reference platform for Seaside
> wouldnt it make sense to run a hudson build for
> Seaside too:
>

>       Gofer new
> 		squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> 		package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
> 	load.
>
> 	((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project latestVersion) load.
>
> I know that http://hudson.lukas-renggli.ch/ builds a seaside
> one click ... but still on the old Pharo 1.1.
>
> Wouldnt it make sense to have one for Pharo1.2 with Seaside3.0
> already. So we can see early when we break things for Seaside ...

Yes, I think this is a good idea. Not for providing an alternative distribution,
but as a nice regression test and a *huge* additional testsuite, this would
be very valuable.

And we can this way coordinate API level changes much better.

I will put it on the list.

    Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.