[Pharo-project] Network training

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Feb 4 13:24:50 CET 2011

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, jannik.laval wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am playing with Network package.
> I am giving a practical work to my students, in Java :(
> And I am doing the same in Pharo to understand the Network package :)))
>
> A first question:
> I use "NetNameResolver localHostAddress" to retrieve my network address. Now in computers, there are multiple addresses.
> I do not find a method to retrieve a collection of my address and it seems to be not possible, because it uses primLocalAddress, which is a primitive returning one local address.
>
> Does it exist something to have all my ip address?

Yes. The network changes that were introduced in Pharo 1.1 and were
reverted before the release contained such methods. In theory both the VM
side and client side code is ready for this (Etoys uses it on OLPC), but
some VMs (e.g. Cog) don't have the latest plugin versions, so the
primitives don't work there.

Levente