[Pharo-project] thinking about a community model of funding

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Fri Feb 4 13:43:01 CET 2011

>> Hi guys
>>
>> I would like to see a model like that around the pharo virtual machine emerging
>>        http://phk.freebsd.dk/VML/
>>
>> stef
>>

> I was hung reading this page and look interesting (not only to Pharo)
> else a lot of other open projects we do with Pharo.
>
> Personally I never tried this type of collection of money, but my
> suspicion is that to work you need a critical mass of users, including
> businesses

Yes let us create it.
I imagine that people would love to have a vm that is actively developed and not only by two guys
that can have truck factor effect. No?

I think that I would like to be able to say to people:
	invest on us because we are building a system that will survive us.

Surviving us:
	- clean robust documented.....
	- easy to build....

and to my ears this looks like properties I like