[Pharo-project] love CI

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Feb 4 15:59:03 CET 2011

On Feb 4, 2011, at 3:49 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> ci.pharo-project.org is really impressive.
>
> It's great for Pharo.
>
> But the really cool side is that you can show students what is software quality with the tool they use to develop. That's not slides. That's not theory. It's here. Real.

One of the things I hated when giving Lectures about OO with Squeak was the "Intelligent Student Incident", which always happens: Exactly that students
that you would want to attract (e.g. for doing a masters thesis) will just after 3 weeks realize that we do not do what we teach.

We tell them how to program, but they look at the code in front of them and see something completely different. So there is some clash with only
two possible solutions: Change what you Teach or Change what you Do.

	Marcus
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.