[Pharo-project] FS: how to create a file?

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Fri Feb 4 17:31:03 CET 2011

On Feb 4, 2011, at 5:10 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Stef,
>
> There is not much sense in creating a file without also putting
> something inside. There are various methods that give you a write
> straeam onto a new file.

yes but consistent never hurts.
And I could create en empty file because an empty is an information.

Do you know how to rename a file? Because I could not figure out.

> Also note that FSFilesystem>>#createDirectory: is a private method,
> like about all other methods in there too. You are not supposed to
> call it directly.

Now I hate FS. I will stop working on it.
I prefer a worse system with doc that one better without. I'm spending hours on it and I'm crawling
just because colin never ever thought that one idiot could want to use it.

I cannot work on something that aliens me that way, too bad.

Tx for your answer for me this is the end of the story. Wonderful community that does not know how to write comments.

We can always cry that the world does not recognize Smalltalk value, but when I see python docs, they got it right!