[Pharo-project] About FS: sad reality.

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Fri Feb 4 18:27:13 CET 2011

Stef and Max,

I was just about to pull together the changes that I'd made to
Filesystem for the port to GemStone and was just about to bag the whole
effort until Max stepped in ...

So, Max I'll share a little bit here...then when and if you pick things
up again, let me know and I'll try work with you to integrate my
changes. The port was based on Filesystem-lr.83 and my mcz files are
located in:

   http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/fs

I restructured things into three packages:

   Filesystem
   FilesystemPharo
   FilesystemGemStone

Besides pushing platform-specific code around I added a
FSReadWriteStream class so I would have a Filesystem-based read/write
stream that was independent of Squeak/Pharo...

I seem to recall that I had some notions about more restructuring that I
thought might be useful but I'd have to get my head back into the code
again to refresh my memory ...

Dale