[Pharo-project] About FS: sad reality.

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Fri Feb 4 19:45:34 CET 2011

sven, I know. Still I think that I read a lot of code in a lot of languages and even more in Smalltalk
and if I cannot find my way with anObject because it was too complex to write aStringOrReference then I should stop and
this is  what I'm doing. I stopped. I started to read fileMan and rio again not to integrate them but to have a look.
In addition I'm not in the mood to get a sensitive abstraction dictated by 'oh we should not change it because it should run in squeak'.

I feel the pain of Monticello without comments and I do not want that for files. I will not crawl to comment it even if people like the design
because I have something else to do about my time.

I also think that there are funny ideas. Why I cannot create an empty file or why a workingDirection isWorkingDirection is false and why
workingDirection does not return a reference instead of a path......and a lot more.
So
	first comment
	second test in black box (because most of the tests cannot be used to understand the public api and this is why I was trapped all the time)
	third refactor

but it will not be me.

Stef