[Pharo-project] Alien + MacVM + plugin/primitive error

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 23:17:10 CET 2011

oops... the answer to Luc was also for all the list... not private intention, just wrong button pressed. I'm coping here again... sorry :)

Hi Luc,
cool you are willing to help :)
in 5.7.4 alien is integrated to the vm... so you need to download latest version from here: http://gitorious.org/~estebanlm/squeak-vm/cocoa-osx and should compile out of the box. The project is platforms/iOS/vm/SqueakPureObjc.xcodeproj

there is a PharoDev 1.1.1 with every thing loaded there (under ./image)
To generate the files as expected, you can execute CMakeGenScripts generateCocoaVM.

...and that's all :)

btw... in my Alien-MacOS, I needed to fix some things (on the native code, not yet merged into trunk), and now -in my tests- everything looks like working, but not the tests... it fails loading a library, maybe because the library is not there (as it is an integrated module)... I didn't spend time fixing the tests yet :(

Cheers,
Esteban