[Pharo-project] Alien + MacVM + plugin/primitive error

Luc Fabresse luc.fabresse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 23:40:13 CET 2011

2011/2/4 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>

> El 04/02/2011, a las 7:12p.m., Igor Stasenko escribió:
>
> > btw,
> > this could be avoided by checking
> >
> > that module is internal (using Smalltalk listBuiltinModules),
> > so then don't run tests that depending on plugin being external
>
> No, I don't think this is the right path... better to be able to do
> different loadings if it's internal or external, but execute the tests in
> both cases :)
> Or much better, compile alien plugin as a dylib, not all integrated.
> Of course, to do this we need time... and time is not all around lately...
> but soon or later I will be doing all of this ;)

yes, I agree that tests should be always executed.
The Alien code should be fixed to run smoothly even if the plugin is
internal.

But, as Bert said it would be better for security reasons to have the Alien
plugin as an external one. So I think will try to generate it as external
and make the tests pass.

Cheers,

#Luc