[Pharo-project] Alien + MacVM + plugin/primitive error

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 23:41:51 CET 2011

On 4 February 2011 23:17, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
> oops... the answer to Luc was also for all the list... not private
> intention, just wrong button pressed. I'm coping here again... sorry :)
> Hi Luc,
> cool you are willing to help :)
> in 5.7.4 alien is integrated to the vm... so you need to download latest
> version from here: http://gitorious.org/~estebanlm/squeak-vm/cocoa-osx and
> should compile out of the box. The project is
> platforms/iOS/vm/SqueakPureObjc.xcodeproj
> there is a PharoDev 1.1.1 with every thing loaded there (under ./image)
> To generate the files as expected, you can execute CMakeGenScripts
> generateCocoaVM.
> ...and that's all :)

btw, Esteban, check out the latest CMakeVMMaker package.
I trying to invent somewhat more convenient protocol for this.. help me :)

So, what i did is made each CPlatformConfig subclasses to answer
#generate (to generate config only)
and
#generateWithSource (to generate vmmaker sources and then config)

because it is logical, that each config knows how to generate itself
(StackVMConfig knows which  VM sources it should use etc).

So, i think this script (#generateCocoaVM) should be put into
CocoaIOSConfig or one of its subclasses >> #generateSourceFiles method
as well as many other CMakeGenScripts >> generateXXXX,

So then we could use something simple , like:

CogUnixConfig generate[WithSources]
CocoaIOSConfig generate[WithSources]

i.e. pick config which you wanna use and do the rest automatically  :)

P.S. i hope someday we could even run builds using OSProcessPlugin
directly from image by issuing:

ABCDEblablaConfig  build

:)

--