[Pharo-project] [ANN] Alien on Pharo 1.2

Joachim Geidel joachim.geidel at onlinehome.de
Sat Feb 5 10:21:25 CET 2011

Luc Fabresse wrote:

> I just committed new versions of Alien on squeaksource to make it run on
> 1.2
> I also modified the ConfigurationOfAlien to easily load it:

Unfortunately, your new version of Alien-LibC is broken. It only works in
Pharo, not in Squeak. Squeak does not include the methods
isMacOS/isUnix/isWindows which are now used in LibCLibrary>>libraryName. You
should use "Smalltalk os platformName = ..." instead, which is portable
between Pharo and Squeak.

Does ConfigurationOfAlien work in Squeak 4.1 and 4.2?

Regards,
Joachim Geidel