[Pharo-project] "Error: No content to install" starting Pharo 1.2 on Windows - bug or feature?
joachim.geidel at onlinehome.de
Sat Feb 5 10:43:34 CET 2011
I ran into an error when starting a Pharo 1.2RC2 (build 119) image on Windows
XP. What I did was:
- on Mac OS X, create a new directory "Pharo-1.2-build119"
- copy the image, changes file, and sources file from the one-click app to
- started the image, saved it as "jniport20.image", and worked a bit with it
- started Windows XP under Parallels, opened an explorer on
- placed a link to squeak.exe in the directory which points to
as the working directory
- dropped jniport20.image on the link.
The image starts okay, but immediately opens an error notifier with an
"Error: No content to install" in CodeLoader>>installSourceFile:. The
CodeLoader's sourceFiles instvar hold an Array(a HTTPDownloadRequest), where
the HTTPDownloadRequest has
as its URL.
I have seen issue 3595 "problem starting up with a script on windows" which
has been closed, apparently because it was not considered a bug. However,
that seems to be something different involving startup scripts.
What am I doing wrong? Or is it a bug?
View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Error-No-content-to-install-starting-Pharo-1-2-on-Windows-bug-or-feature-tp3261641p3261641.html
Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Pharo-project