[Pharo-project] Issue 3659 in pharo: Task bar appearance does not make sense

pharo at googlecode.com pharo at googlecode.com
Sat Feb 5 17:22:59 CET 2011

Owner: damien.p... at gmail.com
Labels: Type-RequestForEnhancement Importance-Low

New issue 3659 by damien.p... at gmail.com: Task bar appearance does not make
sense

Pharo 1.2rc2
Pharo core version: 12330

The buttons in the task bar are:
- frontmost window: gray background + black text
- background windows: gray background + gray text
- hidden windows: blue gradient + gray text

To me these are bad affordances, because gray text signifies "inactive or
hidden" and color background means "active" or "current" (see the
instance/class side buttons in the browser. So I'd change the appearances
to reflect that:
- window visibility = text color (black = visible, gray = hidden)
- gradient color = blue for the frontmost window\