[Pharo-project] Issue 3660 in pharo: Revert incorrect Monticello branch naming support

pharo at googlecode.com pharo at googlecode.com
Sat Feb 5 20:20:33 CET 2011

Owner: ----

New issue 3660 by jfitz... at gmail.com: Revert incorrect Monticello branch
naming support

After recent discussion with Dale Henrichs (see
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside-dev/2011-February/004557.html
) I realize that my fix in Issue 281 was not correct.

Actually, I'm not even sure whether the bug report was valid to begin with.

The correct MC branch naming convention should be:
<hyphenated-package-name>.<dotted.branch.tag>-<initials>.<count>.mcz
and it appears the tools are currently largely supporting this.

The *incorrect* convention pushed in by Issue 281 was:
<hyphenated-package-name>-<initials>.<dotted.branch.tag>.<count>.mcz

I don't know if the incorrect convention has become widely adopted, but it
would reduce future confusion if we can back out the Issue 281 "fix".