[Pharo-project] can you tell us on the slugginess of pharo for Kinect

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 04:03:30 CET 2011

Yes, the problem was that WorldState>>#runStepMethodsIn: processed only 1
deferred UI message per cycle, which made the kinect server update really
slow because I wrapped all ui changes inside a
WorldState>>#addDeferredUIMessage:.

I added the issue
3562<http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3562> with
a proposed fix I took from the Etoys image. I now realize I didn't mentioned
the connection with Kinect in the issue description... my bad. The issue is
closed now so it seems the fix was accepted :)

Cheers!
Richo