[Pharo-project] Issue 3685 in pharo: #createUserSubclass:instVarNames:categoryName: no longer accepts an inst var array

pharo at googlecode.com pharo at googlecode.com
Mon Feb 7 23:59:16 CET 2011

Owner: ----

New issue 3685 by ya... at rogers.com:
#createUserSubclass:instVarNames:categoryName: no longer accepts an inst
var array

Pharo core version:
   Pharo1.2rc2
   Latest update: #12324

In Pharo1.1 the instance variables could be passed as an array. See
attached testcase, or, for example:

   SomeClass createUserSubclass: 'SomeSubclass' instVarNames: #(id varOne
varTwo) categoryName: 'Test'.

The code change here, looks to be the cause:

ClassBuilder>>name: className inEnvironment: env subclassOf: newSuper type:
type instanceVariableNames: instVarString classVariableNames:
classVarString poolDictionaries: poolString category: category unsafe:
unsafe

<	instVars := instVarString subStrings: ' '.
<	classVars := (classVarString subStrings: ' ') collect: [ :x | x asSymbol
].	"Validate the proposed name"
--
> 	instVars := Scanner new scanFieldNames: instVarString.
> 	classVars := (Scanner new scanFieldNames: classVarString) collect: [ :x
> | x asSymbol ].	"Validate the proposed name"

This issue came up in some code that was originally derived from some
GemStone code. Maybe it was never intended that instVarNames could be
passed in as an array. I've changed my code to pass an instVarString, but I
thought I'd mention the changed behaviour here.

Attachments:
	ClassBuilderFormatTests-testSubclassWithInstanceVariablesArray.st  565
bytes