[Pharo-project] [COTDC] 6 - StandardFonts

Laurent Laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 20:29:28 CET 2011

Le 9 févr. 2011 à 19:49, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :

> On 09 Feb 2011, at 17:55, Laurent Laffont wrote:
>
>> Today:  StandardFonts
>>
>> (really at random this time :)
>>
>> Comment Of The Day Contest - One Day One Comment
>> Rules:
>> #1: Each day a not commented class is elected. Each day the best comment will be integrated with name of the author(s).
>> #2: If you cannot comment it, deprecate it.
>> Results: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/CommentOfTheDayContest
>>
>> Laurent
>
> I am a facade and a global reference to actual fonts to be used system wide in a number of predefined categories.
>
> I also provide methods to interactively choose these fonts, to reset all fonts to some default value, to set larger demo fonts, to construct a font menu and to manipulate the current settings as an external specification.
>
> The font categories that I know of are: ButtonFont, CodeFont, HaloFont, ListFont, MenuFont and WindowTitleFont

I would add:

Examples:
- I open a dialog to choose the font for buttons with:
StandardFonts chooseButtonFont.

- To change base size for all fonts (when you want big fonts for a screencast or a presentation):
StandardFonts setDemoFonts.

- Then restore default fonts with:
StandardFonts restoreDefaultFonts.

--