[Pharo-project] drawString: aString from: firstIndex to: lastIndex at: aPoint font: fontOrNil color: c

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Thu Feb 10 13:24:55 CET 2011

This reminds me of something: I have long been concerned about possible speed penalties that might result from Morphic's accepting colors and other drawing tools as arguments rather than having a canvas hold them as state that can be set once and used many times.

It's probably nothing, but it always struck me as very different from the way Dolphin does things.  Of course, Object Arts' focus on Windows could have simply have led them to follow along with the platform's design;  there is nothing to say they would have created a context if none had existed.

Just something to think about.

Bill