[Pharo-project] A tinyBenchmark
leves at elte.hu
Thu Feb 10 14:29:43 CET 2011
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> see http://fbanados.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/a-tinybenchmark
> Maybe Eliot is able to say something here on the main
> differences between Cog <-> VW VM.
You made several mistakes:
- You didn't post the source code for #tinyBenchmarks. Do all those
Smalltalks implement it? Are the implementations equal?
- You didn't specify the version numbers for the VMs used. Or if you built
them yourself, then the sourcecode + compiler version + configuration
parameters. Without these your measurements can't be reproduced.
- There are two different Cog VMs. You didn't specify which one did you
use with Pharo.
- You used a CogVM (JIT) with Pharo but SqueakVM (interpreter) with Squeak
4.2. What's even worse is that you based your conclusion on this mistake.
- Does #tinyBenchmarks alone give fair performance comparison? Hardly.
> NEU: FreePhone - kostenlos mobil telefonieren und surfen!
> Jetzt informieren: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freephone
More information about the Pharo-project