[Pharo-project] Issue 3693 in pharo: probable cause of 0 length mcz files in package-cache

pharo at googlecode.com pharo at googlecode.com
Thu Feb 10 19:08:02 CET 2011

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-ReportDefect Importance-Low

New issue 3693 by da... at teleport.com: probable cause of 0 length mcz files
in package-cache

I was loading Seaside3.0 into Pharo1.2rc2-12324 and ran into a 'Error: file
is too short' error. This is an error that I've seen before, but didn't
have an idea how the "too short" file was created.

This was a fresh install of Pharo and the error occurred when I tried doing
the load a second time ... I had interrupted the load the first time with
an ALT-.

So I assume that the zero length file was created because I had interrupted
Monticello while it was creating the copy in the package-cache ... which
leads me to believe that an ensure block could be placed in the right spot
to watch for interrupts and delete the file if the creation operation
wasn't completed normally ...

I haven't found the spot in the code, so this is supposition on my part,
but I think it is a good supposition:)