[Pharo-project] handlerForBlueButtonDown: anEvent

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 11 12:08:21 CET 2011

The change I made (compared to Squeak) was to check the preferences for
whether halos
were enabled... not sure when the commented bit happened, for reference the
Squeak version (with Polymorph) was:

 Preferences halosEnabled ifFalse: [^nil].
 self wantsHaloFromClick ifFalse:[^nil].
 anEvent handler ifNil:[^self].
 anEvent handler isPlayfieldLike ifTrue:[^self]. "by default exclude
playfields"
 (anEvent shiftPressed)
  ifFalse:[^nil] "let outer guy have it"
  ifTrue:[^self] "let me have it"

So, the nil check was for when the handler was being checked for playfields
(guess EToys).
Perhaps the check for halos enabled should be reintroduced (via Settings)
unless handled elsewhere,
as the comment says, useful for deployed applications.

Regards, Gary