[Pharo-project] [COTDC] 7 - CodeAnnotationMorph

Alain Plantec alain.plantec at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 23:52:36 CET 2011

--------------------------------
I display code annotations that can be embedded in a browser (basic core
image browser) to show useful informations about the current method or
class. In order to show me in your browser, the "show annotation pane"
setting must be set to true (search for 'annotation' in the setting
browser). This setting is set to false by default.

The informations to show are given by CodeHolder>>annotation.
A methods annotation is built according to a list of requests which
consists in a list of symbols. These symbols are interpreted by
CodeHolder>>#annotationForSelector: ofClass:. See CodeHolder class
 >>#annotationRequests for more details about this list of requests.
By default, the author, the time stamp, the message category, the
senders and implementors count and the list of change sets in which the
method is referenced are shown.

Because the building of an annotation can be very time consuming
(especially the implementors count),an annotation is built in
background. So, I am also a good example of how a process can be used in
order to build some data in background.

Instance Variables
     codeHolder: <CodeHolder>
     process: <Process>

codeHolder
     - The CodeHolder (a Browser, a MessageList ..) in which I'm embedded

process
     - The process which is building the annotation in background

Cheers
Alain