[Pharo-project] A new GUI visual designer

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Feb 12 09:22:19 CET 2011

Hi.

I wrote these Widgets and the Morphic Designer mostly from scratch. There is
almost no stacking of libraries. ;)

Widgets need Signals and Animations which I also wrote from scratch and
which do not have any dependencies other than Squeak 4.1 and later.

For now, I reused:

- PluggableTextMorph
- TextMorphForEditView
- ScrollBar
- ScrollPane

These I plan to replace them with new ones as well.

The code itself is  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php MIT
licensed  as stated
https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki
here .

I did the whole thing, because I did not like, how the classic tool builder
works or how pluggable morphs are meant to be used.

Signals could definitely be integrated into Squeak (trunk) because I fixed
the last serious bugs back in the last months as I worked with signals in
several projects in a productive way.

Obviously, I adapted the API and some great ideas of the
http://qt.nokia.com/ Nokia/Qt Framework . So you could say that some widgets
or the signals are just a port from C++ to Squeak. There shouldn't be any
licensing issues.

All widgets use several icon packages that are also meant to be used for
community purposes and reflect the correct license at source code level just
now:

applicationCascadeIcon